Friday 19 November 2010

The testing begins and the blanket is being washed



Well, I now have some initial testers for my baby kaftan, who are knitting it up as we speak - they will give me first feedback on the typing of the pattern, how easy it is to knit up and on the sizing. It is in newborn only at the moment.



Once they have commented, I will size it up for the other baby sizes- probably up to 18 months. Then I will get it all tested again, to make sure I haven't done anything stupid.... THEN it will be ready for beautifying the pattern itself, before finally publishing. Phew, it'll be a while then. In the meantime here are some photos.

The blanket is finished - I made several changes as I went along, and will need to alter the pattern to reflect this. It is in the sink, having a bath at the moment. I will block it and then back it, to protect little fingers from the floats at the back of the colour work. Fingers crossed it'll all work. I've never really done colour work before, so this is a first.

No comments:

Post a Comment